"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Tuesday 22 September 2009

Rosette & Pizza

It was NZ Safety at Home week last week. As part of the entertainment/education at work there was a colouring competition for 5 different age groups. Yesterday we decided we needed rosettes for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd winners to go with their (incredibly cool) prizes. The commercial ones were going to take 4 weeks to get to us, so I surfed the net and put up my hand. I had great fun, apart from a couple of stabs with the needle, oh and I'd forgotten just how hot the hot glue gun makes the glue :-)
Hopefully the kids will like them. And fingers crossed for Andrew's entry the adults prize is very fab!. He used fabric and made a collage. It's judging day tomorrow. I think his is the best one there, but I may be slightly biased lol!




I just put this in my Etsy shop with the description as "Red and green can never be seen, except upon a beauty queen" which was a saying I learnt from our mam, and it had another version, "Red and green can never be seen, except upon an Irish queen" I have no idea where they come from....

Andrew thinks it looks like tomatoes and capsicum, or maybe a pizza..... I wonder if that would make it a big seller ? ? ?
Maybe uniform for a pizza delivery firm ? ? ? :-)

3 comments:

  1. It looks rather one of the impressionist' paintings like Monet's than tomatoes and capsucum. Even though those are yummy..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and your photography! The texture beautiful. As a side note, your blog layout is way too adorable. Just became a follower :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks heaps for your comments ladies.
    I quite like the idea of a monet painting, sounds fancier than a pizza :-)
    And thanks for admiring my photography, it's something I'm working at :-)

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)