"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Thursday 17 September 2009

Kakarikis and a Posh Blog


I’ve been trying something different with all of the ribbon I’d bought to do my crochet art with. I’ve made about 6 of these now, I have a couple that I wear and others are in the shops. I love them, they make me feel very Victorian and elegant :-) plus they are very comfy to wear.


I’ve been on a health kick for the past few weeks, and with the change of season we’ve been taking advantage of the lighter mornings and been getting up at 6 and going for a walk. We walk up the hill to the back of the orchard and I like to stop and wash my face in the dew (hmm sounds a bit hippyish, but I’m sure I read somewhere it was good for your skin)
And even though it’s early the thing that puts a big smile on our faces is seeing the Kakarikis. They are parakeets and we call them the Berts.... just because lol.
They travel in pairs and we’ve been seeing about 8 of them in the mornings. They follow us up the road going from tree to tree just ahead of us. I’ve tried to take their photo they’re way to quick for me! They are very brightly coloured and shout their hellos as they are flying, it’s a great way to start the day!

I seem to learn something new everyday at the moment, anything from stuff you can do on Google to see if anyone is talking about you, to making the blog look fancier! So tonight I’m going to have a look here http://www.shabbyblogs.com/ and have a play. Be prepared next time you visit to go: “Wow! What a posh blog!” :-)

3 comments:

  1. Very nice ribbon work!! I can't believe you wake up at 6am...I have to be up that early to feed my baby, but then I end up going back to sleep for a couple more hours.
    I am going to start staying up and enjoying my mornings.
    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so trying to make the blog fancier - I need help!!!!!!! Am folowing you now - it's a nice calming blog, makes me feel good

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and very feminine. Of course very Victorian!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)