"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Sunday 13 September 2009

An old pair of jeans

What a lovely weekend :-) It started with a great day off on Friday, we went for a lovely walk around the Mount, out for brunch and then shopping. Today has been so lovely that we've had all of the windows open all day!

Yesterday was a great day for being creative. I started with an old pair of my jeans and made a bag out of one of the legs.
They were bootlegs so the bag is kind of a bucket shape. I sliced the rest of the leg to make jeans yarn and crocheted it with some ribbon yarn to make the strap.
And the same ribbon yarn has been crocheted into motifs and a kind of holster and attached to the bag to give it a bit of decoration.

For a first go I give myself 7 out of 10. The sewing is a little shoddy, and there is no clasp to keep the bag closed. A zip would have been ideal, but after the needle broke as soon as I pressed my foot on the peddle of the sewing machine, I decided that the smallest amount of sewing possible was the way to go!

I really liked the strap and so I cut up the other leg and crocheted it, now I have a jeans rope and I'm trying to think about what to do with it. Coiled up into a placemat? Cut into bits for hair bands? A skipping rope? Any ideas would be gratefully received :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments :-)