"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Thursday 22 October 2009

Kiwi’s and Cupcakes

A friend of the family is leaving our southern shores to return to Scotland and his family. We’ve had many Christmas’s together so I thought I make him a Kiwi reminder.


Kiwi's are flightless birds native to NZ and are one of our natural symbols, as a couple they are monogamous, and I do believe that their nostrils are on the end on their beaks.


My Kiwi bird looks a bit crazy, which I think should remind him of us because it kinda reflects our family :-)


It’s always nice to arrive at family dinners with stuff to share, so I’ve crocheted a bead necklace for my sister, we have free-range eggs from my friend and we’re going to pick a bag of oranges from the tree.

Last weekend Andrew made his first cupcakes. They look pretty fab so he might choose to throw some together to take for tea as well :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love the bird...he looks crazy!...and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you liked the Snickerdoodles...they are awesome!! Your bird is cute..lol

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)