"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Monday 29 March 2010

Cycling gloves, zips and perculated coffee

Yesterday I perculated my morning coffee on the stove for the first time and just wanted to share that it tastes way better than when it's plungered :-)

Here are the prototype cycling gloves...



It was harder to sew the leather on the palms than I thought, a sore finger and my lack of patience with sewing showed in the end result... not quite as tidy as I'd have wanted...

The holiday starts tomorrow..... we'll see how they go!


Yesterday I spent time on the interent looking at crafty stuff. I've more more than enough ideas ping ponging around in my head I really shouldn't do that :-)

I had picked up a couple of cool looking zips at FASH the other day one which got transforned into a brooch....


The other brooch I though was quite fun and I've added it to my felt shop.
I really need to used up some more of my buttons, perhaps inspiration will come whilst cycling :-)

3 comments:

  1. Love those cycling gloves! Just whats needs now the weather is cooling down. I think I need to go and make a 'proper' coffee now too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those gloves are a great idea! My hands go numb after riding a while. I think, after reading how hard the leather was to sew, I'd pre-punch the circumference...

    You're an Etsy Blogger?! How did I miss meeting you? My step-daughter, granddaughters, and (gasp!) brand-new great grandson live in NZ. Sweet to meet another Kiwi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ani - Pre punching the circumference sounds like a fantastic idea! It ended up that I put the leather in the wrong place though, as well learn from mistakes :-)

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)