"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Wednesday 7 July 2010

Slippers, Sneezing & a Shawl

My sister is in her 3rd year of studying Ayurveda which is a type of medicine which originates in India. I have terrible allergies and so she has been helping be with my sneezing, and because she's still a student she doesn't charge. Which is not so good for her, and great for me :-)

As a thank you I've made her these amazing granny square slippers. Amazing because I can't decide if they are incredibly ugly, kitsch or cool!



Also I've dug out a hairpin crochet loom that I bent out of a piece of metal a few months ago when I discovered hairpin lace and am going to make myself a shawl. I hardly make things for myself, so this is a special treat :-)



Other things on my mind.... I need to do a blog carnival to keep in the Etsy Bloggers Team (which totally rocks!) and so I need to put myself in a summer holiday mood, and I'm finding it a little tough since it'e rained every weekend and we've had the fire blazing - fingers crossed for this weekend :-)

5 comments:

  1. I love those slippers. I have a pattern for it and am anxious to try a pair. I think they are adorable, especially for people who are a fan of the granny square. I would describe them as "novelty" and unusual, but definitely interesting and not in the least boring and VERY cool! The important thing is, what does your sister think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually completely adore those slippers. I must say though that I'm a sucker for anything terribly kitschy, so they're right up my alley. I think they're a lovely thank you gift!!!

    - Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doris, you should make them, I found it really straight forward and pretty quick :-) I have yet to give them to my sister, so we'll see if she likes them! I might end up keeping them yet :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful thing to have your own personal Ayurvedic healer. Lucky you :) Such a thoughtful gift too!

    As crafters we do tend to forget to make things for ourselves, so I love that you are doing that, let's see pics of the finished shawl :)

    Have a wonderful weekend, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think they're totally cool (but I also have a very soft spot for all things kitsch) :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)