"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Monday 12 July 2010

Brrrrrrrr & A Dream Vacation

As I was driving to work this morning the ice was falling off my car and I was trying to compose my etsybloggers blog carnival entry for this month.
The current topics to choose from are:
1) It's summertime, a time to get away from it all. Do you have a dream vacation?
2) Are there any special (or not-so-special) traditions that you and your family do while away on trips?

Andrew and I have known each other for 2 ½ years so have yet to get content for number 2, and so even though we are in the middle of winter in the southern hemisphere Ihave chosen number 1

My fingers are tingling from the cold as I type, so my immediate thought is that my dream vacation includes lots of warm sun.
Then there is always my dream destination - Egypt, which I’ve
blogged about before
Then I put my positive hat on (it’s a nice warm crocheted one)
And I came up with this…
(Warning: The following paragraph may induce nausea in those slightly jaded by life or if you are hung over)
My dream holiday is one where Andrew and I have a ball
We enjoy spending time together,
We go for lovely walks in the countryside or on the beach
We eat delicious food
We relax by reading or being creative
We discover amazing new treasures
We go places we haven’t been before together
And you know what….. we can do that any day of the year, we just have to decide too

5 comments:

  1. Well, I don't read that very often, about the cold, I mean...it's hotter than H here and I can't imagine being cold. You can come and stay here for a while and warm up ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's sweet! Yes, it must be weird, talking to people who will never catch up to you! lol Makes you appreciate how big the world is! {:-Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dream trip with Andrew sounds wonderful! Hopefully you can add bits and pieces of that into your daily life now!

    Stay warm and if you find that hard to do, come on over and visit some of us EtsyBloggers in the U.S.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the offers of visits to the warmth, I guess the positive side of the frosts are the beautiful clear winter days :-)

    I'll reciprocate in Jan/Feb when it's a bit cooler in your end of the world :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet, that sounds like the perfect time tog :)

    It is always weird to me that my girlfriend in Oz is talking about getting her winter coat out of the closet when I am thinking about getting my shorts and t's out.

    Stay warm :) T.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)