"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Saturday 2 January 2010

Looking back and looking forward

The etsy bloggers carnival is on again, one of the topics is

"Now that 2009 has come to a close, what will you remember most about last year?"

Here are some of the things that will stick with me about 2009:

People I didn't know bought my creations
People I don't know are supportive of my creations
I have sold my creations at the local market
I've learnt how to blog
I've learnt how to Twitter
I learnt how to have a Facebook fanpage
I learnt how to open and operate 3 online shops
I have semi learnt how to market my creations
Google Analytics is an amazing tool that scares me
There are people out there in the world that love to create and are friendly even if you don;t meet them face to face
I have learnt all sorts of new and amazing crochet tricks and techniques
I have learnt that I love to buy handmade
All in all a pretty good year crafty wise. I think 2010 is going to be even bigger!
This is where we went on New Years eve day - gobsmackingly beautiful, all about the past and the present and the future

Bridal Veil Falls - Raglan New Zealand


6 comments:

  1. Yehhh! My favorite was about learning to love shopping handmade - nothing beats it! Plus I just love that word 'gobsmacking'!

    Happy Solstice to you too!

    Hugs!

    Kathy C.
    http://SoulReaderBlog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this post and reading about your accomplishments from 2009! I hope 2010 is even bigger for you! Lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photo! Sounds like you jumped onto the internet with a big splash. Have fun creating - love the dolls... or have I already said that! lol {:-Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha, "Google Analytics is an amazing tool that scares me." Tell me about it, I'm still trying to figure that out!

    Best wishes for your 2010 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like 2009 was a great year for you! Here's to 2010 being even greater!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your positive list and I hope 2010 is just as good, even better!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)