"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Sunday 24 January 2010

The craft of cycling

I’ve been working away from home for the past week up at the top of the North Island, (very warm and not too green, they really need some rain).

Normally when I’m away the crochet hook runs hot and I come back with loads of almost finished creations after all what else is there to do in a small town in a motel except watch movies and crochet? This time Andrew took the week off work and came with me, and I didn’t make one thing! The evenings were more fun, not so productive. So I don’t really have much to tell you on the craft front.

Instead, here is a picture of our bikes.

In March we are cycling the Otago Rail Trail in the South Island, we need to be able to cycle for about 45 km a day on shingle with some inclines. Today we did 32 km on flat tarmac, so we’re getting there :-) We pop the bikes on the back of a car and drive to the beach where there is more to look at, lots of people watching to do, easing our way into the whole cycling lifestyle :-)

Back up north tomorrow, this time by myself so the crochet hook will be back in business

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments :-)