"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Monday 11 January 2010

Barbie, Audrey and a Snood

Every so often I am proud to pick a couple of items of a fellow etsy hooker team member and show off their creations.
After looking at this shop
http://www.etsy.com/shop/noradora it reminded me that I have talked about my admiration for Audrey, and yet I haven’t mentioned Barbie


I kinda fell into collecting Barbie dolls about 15 years ago, and I have some fabulous ones in their boxes, and some play ones too. I even have one called Gillian with brown hair and freckles (a favorite after the 2 Breakfast at Tiffany Audrey ones) . I used to have them all out on display, unfortunately there’s no room at the cottage.

What I would like to do is to urge you to bring out your inner child, pick up a doll, change its clothes , comb its hair (or cut and dye it if you fancy, although our hair dye doesn’t take too well to Barbie hair – I have experience) see if you can make it talk out loud (I think this is the real test!) :-)
And also by the same talented lady in her other shop is a snood. I thought I'd share this because I'd never heard of one before I saw them in this shop last year and I think they are quite posh.


Just a quick side note talking of Audrey – Audrey the Vespa is at the Doctors – I think Andrew is too rough when he drives her because she broke and a fella had to come and pick her up in a truck because she couldn’t get out of 2nd gear. I think I’ll have to get my full license so that I can do all the driving!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for including me in your blog and promoting my shop!
    Nora

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)