"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Monday 16 November 2009

We had a fabulous day at the races on Saturday. We put on our glad rags, packed a yummy picnic with some bubbles and took a few dollars to have a flutter. Sunday morning came as a great reminder that number 30 SPF sun cream needs to be reapplied during the day and to do it before you put your frock on in order to get the best coverage.
I find the bra straps the hardest to place in just the right spot so that they won’t aggravate the red bits.

And so with the onset of summer down under I thought I might make something summery for both my shop and the markets. A lovely lady at work was complaining about sarongs coming undone and having to fiddle with them, so the other day and I bought a wee bag of metal suspender clips from
www.FunkeyMonkeySupplies.etsy.com to try out an idea.

I crocheted some pretty flowers and got the hot glue gun out (always a danger for me with my clumsy ways) I glued the flowers on to the clips with a button in the middle of the flower to finish it off. I thought I might try some fabric flowers as well. bluejulesews blog has a great tutorial, I’m not a good sewer, but she makes it look so easy! http://bluejulesews.blogspot.com/2009/11/tutorial-ii-fabric-flower.html The next thing is to try them out and see if they work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments :-)