"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Thursday 12 November 2009

Traffic

We don’t really have much traffic apart for the holiday season.
Tauranga is a city, and to become a city in New Zealand means that 20,000 people or more live there. Which in comparison to many cities around the world we are pretty small. I usually give myself 20 minutes to get anywhere in town and 30 minutes when I think it might be busy. So I don’t have much sitting in traffic time.

On November 1st using cell phones in a car had become illegal. This has posed a wee problem for me, I’ve been used to using that 20 minutes or so to catch up with friends or check with Andrew what I might need to pick up on the way home.
We are a week into the new law and I’ve found that crochet is pretty hard to do whilst moving, however is not too bad if I get a red traffic light, I've also found that the CD’s I have popped in my stacker are okay for now and then and not quite entertaining enough for 20 minutes in a row. Last week I had an audio book in my CD stacker, I’m unsure if it was a good thing or not…. the actual story was great, I couldn’t really tell you what happened on the way to work though, and I also was late starting a couple of times because I wanted to catch the end of the chapter!

I did get to make this new addition to my ArtFire shop whilst at traffic lights over 3 days this week …..


What do you do to entertain yourself in the car if you’re the one driving and you’re not allowed to be on the phone??

2 comments:

  1. we have the same law coming into effect around the same time here in Toronto, Canada.
    If I am the one driving, I am usually with my two kids on the car so I don't really get to entertain myself as much as I get to entertain them by singing such classics as the ABC's, The Wheels on the Bus, and many others. The choice is singing to the top of my lungs, (they are the only ones who appreciate my singing) or enduring a never ending string of "mommy...mommy...mommy...mommy..".
    By the way, great necklace, I love the colour.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a particular wine festival every year where buses run between all the vineyards, as you can imagine sing songs get louder by the end of the day, and the Wheels on the Bus is always a favourite :-)

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)