"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Wednesday 25 November 2009

Tie Skirt, B.O. & Walks

Here is the tie skirt I made... I might even wear it out in public!


After work this evening we went for a walk at the beach and around Mount Maunganui. The walkway is wide enough for about 3 people abreast. It's a very popular spot for walkers and runners, the view is fabulous as you head from the harbour to the surf (or the other way around if you prefer, seems everyone has their own idea of the 'right' way). This evening we seemed to be overtaken by lots of runners, it is after all a great place to go for a run, no need to worry about being run over by cars or cyclists.

With so many runners passing by I got wondering. Are there runners who make sure they smell fresh before they run, or do the majority decide they'll shower afterwards? As runners passed by and I held my breath I decided that should I ever take up running out in the open I would definitely be the former, I'd be horrified to think that I had left a B.O. wake behind me :-)

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely place to walk. I guess if you're a runner, sweating and B.O. is probably the least of your concerns. I used to live in an active environment with runners and I never really noticed a B.O. problem and I have a very keen nose. Living close to the beach there's normally a nice breeze going at all times...but I do understand where you're coming from.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too right Doris! I do admire the fact that they can pass me 2 and sometimes 3 times. It could also be because summer is starting :-)

    You have a fab Thanksgiving aswell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. neat skirt! I love repurposed stuff! =D

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)