"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Sunday 16 March 2014

I Made A Frock!!

Totally amazing, well done me :-)
Might have noticed I'm feeling a bit chuffed with myself.
I won't tell you it was easy, and I can't pretend its been done correctly,  the facts are though, that it looks like a frock and almost fits right :-D

Sewing Cake.com had great tutorials. The hardest bit was the edging around the neck, probably not helped because I'd cut it out the wrong way around, which I could have fixed, except I'd sewn the blumin thing on about 5 times because my thread kept breaking (I also learnt there is a right and a wrong way to change a needle)

So I think this was my prototype. The material was $4 a metre so I'm quite happy for this to be a wear around the house frock.  I will take what I've learned and make one that can be worn out in public with pride.

Also, next time I won't choose a rib, it was so hard to cut out and it wriggled constantly when I was sewing.

Now back to the crochet.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments :-)