"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Saturday 25 February 2012

Shawley not?

Another shawl it is...
I got this yarn from my fav internet yarn store Skeinz.


 It is kind of stringy/cottony and it has been made to knit/crochet with another yarn to make a cool effect.  I tried doing that and didn't like how it crocheted and to tell the truth I was quite determined to find a pattern/project that I could use it all by itself. 

I found this one on Ravelry and did my best to follow it... not sure that it's quite the same as the pattern, (since I'm still a pattern reading beginner) it's fairly close though, and I put a different edging on it.
I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out.  

Now, what to do with the other 3 balls......

3 comments:

  1. I like how that turned out! I'm a pattern reader beginner, too, and drive my friends nuts when I just make up part of it that I don't understand :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is really rather fabulous! I love the almost web-like effect.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)