"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Saturday 11 February 2012

Love the Postie

The Postie has brought me some fabulous delights this week.
My first Interweave mag arrived on Thursday.  OMG!  I am in love with it, there are so many beautiful and gorgeous things to make (some weird stuff as well - like most crochet mags :-) )

 
Always the trier, I know my various attempts at taming the sewing machine have yet to produce anything remotely useful/successful. I happened to find this book which arrived on Tuesday, and I've learned so much already that I'm ready to jump back into the lions den.

 I went to a factory shop in Otara to make my purchases and totally fell in love with this shop.  It had so many bargains I didn't know where to start. I got so enthusiastic that I've bought enough fabric to do 2 skirts.


And now the only question for the weekend is which do I do first?

3 comments:

  1. Too cool! I would have the same dilemma with knowing where to start. The fabrics you choose are lovely. I think I'd close my eyes and point!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, I always love getting creative books and magazines in the mail. And your fabric selections are really nice and fun looking. Looks like you'll be busy for a while. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
    -Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to be so busy but what fun fabrics :)

    I think skirts are definitely the best thing to start with, if I can be of any help don't hesitate to ask, I have been sewing for a long time :)

    Have a lovely weekend, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)