"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Saturday 29 October 2011

A visit to the Art Gallery

Auckland Art gallery recently had a refurb with a new bit added.   It's a very cool airy open space, loads to see and even better it's free! :-D

 The flower chandelier, the flowers open and close, it's enormous, I loved it, bit too big to have at home though!


 A room with mirrors and stripes, it gives a feeling of infinity.  
A Belgium artist made it in the 70's.  It was really interesting, though it did give me a bit of a headache and vertigo


I think the same artist that made the chandelier did this one.  
It's at the entrance of the art gallery, this photo is from above

2 comments:

  1. Wow how interesting! I can see how you'd get vertigo :/ - I still have not been there since the revamp - must make the effort to brave the big smoke. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE art museums and FREE even better :)

    Love the shots, glad you had fun, I really like the piece in the entry way, nice and colourful.

    Have a great weekend, (sorry I'm a week late :(

    cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)