"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Sunday 6 November 2011

Snowmen for Summer

Childhood in the northern hemisphere means that even 25 years after moving south, Christmas still conjures up images of snow scenes.  

I can't share with you the Christmas pressies I'm making for my friends because some of them read this blog and I'd hate to ruin the surprise. So I thought I'd share the amigurumi snowmen I've made for my co-workers.


I'm fairly happy with the result. As usual, no pattern means they are all different, and I was a little miffed when I realised I had to do the sewing bit (I always end up with more holes in my fingers than in whatever I'm sewing!)

I'm pretty impressed with how organised I am this year with Christmas presents. How are you going?

2 comments:

  1. So cool Gill - your lucky co-workers.

    I'm not doing too badly with my pressies so far (crossing fingers), I'm trying to buy handmade where I can but interestingly, boys of my two's age (8 & 11) are not really catered for handmade-wise in NZ. I wonder if that means there's a market for handmade, custom designed scooters?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gill, those are so cute :)

    Your co workers are going to LOVE them :)

    I have to admit, these days, I do not buy too many gifts for people, the (KIDS) all want money, 'coz college is expensive :(

    And then, I usually either make scarves, or gift my original artwork or photography to friends.

    Maybe lazy but that is all I can do these days.

    Have a lovely weekend, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)