"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Sunday 16 October 2011

Growing Stuff

Spent some time this week in Tauranga and Taupo.  That boat makes me so angry I can't talk about it.  And I lost my $10 bet on the RWC so i can't talk about that either (serves me right for trying to be loyal to my roots :-D) 

And so lets concentrate on the positive stuff:
What a gorgeous spring day!  I went for a wander round the garden and I spied tomatoes growing, and the sweetpeas are going well too.


Growing on the crochet hook is an experiment in beads and cotton.  I'm aiming for a spectacles case....


And exciting holiday news, we're having a week away in November, and we're off to Nelson, Invercargill, and the Catlins using some of the airpoints I won last year.   And since Andrew is quite anal (oops) a detailed gentleman we're even writing an itinerary!

3 comments:

  1. It must be pretty warm in Auckland to be growing toms, we have not planted any yet, still getting frosts here. Cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about "That Boat" it didn't make the news here.

    I LOVE the beads and cotton crochet very snazzy! :)

    Our toms have just come to an end, took the last one down yesterday :(

    I'm so jealous you guys are going into Spring :)

    Have a lovely day, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My tomatoes are about 2 weeks behind yours - yay for growing vegetables :). Hey and I love the specs case, look forward to seeing the finished article.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)