"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Sunday 23 October 2011

A Long Weekend

Long weekends are worth going to work for.  Love them!

The spectacles case c'est finis (practising my French for the rugby later tonight)
 

Other things on the crochet front: well I woke up this morning thinking about Christmas Presents and then I started to get flustered.  So it's time to write a list and think about what I can make this year, a little worried that I can't top the slippers from last year, I have a couple of ideas, just not sure how to make them :-D

And being inspired by the beautiful flower pictures that T@Poppy Place takes I thought I'd share a picture of the orchids that we bought in Pukekohe the other day (at $3 a stem - a real bargain!)


What ever you're doing for the Rugby World Cup Final tonight, enjoy it.  And yes it would be nice if the All Blacks won :-)

6 comments:

  1. It sure would be nice if they won. cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a gorgeous spectacle case! And beautiful flowers too. At least you'll have these lovely things to look at if we lose the game. And anyways, it's just a ball, and aren't the french so lovely! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that case! I got frustrated when thinking about work today (work for me is Raige). Enjoy your long weekend and have fun with Rugby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Xmas gift can be a frustration sometimes! Love to watch the Haka again!
    Will be a great game I guess!
    If you need some unique Xmas cards pop in my shop!
    http://www.etsy.com/people/Powerofflower

    Have a great evening with Rugby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew it was going to be fabulous :) Love it!

    We have a lovely super long weekend here in Hawkes Bay asit Friday is our regional anniversary day - hooray! Hope

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh The specs case turned out so pretty :) I bet you are pleased :)

    Thanks for the shout out, I really appreciate it :)

    You cracked me up when you said the plane photo looked like a shark, I had to go back and look at it again, you are so right (He! He!)

    Hope you had a great weekend, T.:)

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)