"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Sunday 25 September 2011

Out and About

A couple of weeks ago we popped up to Matakana for a weekend.  It has a pretty good Saturday farmers market and just out of town there is a craft market too.

It's been a few years since I was at Matakana and it's moved from sleepy country village on the way to the beach at Omaha to popping visitor destination.

 St Andrews church by the craft market. Reminded me we live on a Pacific Island

 I'm a sucker for a tree tunnel

Brisk winter walk along the beach at Orewa

3 comments:

  1. Nice photos Gill :)

    I was in California recently taking photos of Palm trees, they don't survive here in the Pacific Northwest.

    Hope your having a great weekend, cheers T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tree tunnels too!!
    that is a great shot of the church...makes me want to live on a pacific island...not that I go to church, but.....great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool tree tunnel :) And those are date palms next to the church right? We have those down the one of our main streets leading from town to the suburbs. I should take a pic they are rather spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)