"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Saturday 5 February 2011

Willpower & Focus

I haven't finished quite the squares, I just wanted to know what it was all going to look like in the end. 
My stash wouldn't stretch to do the borders as well so (dum de dum dum duuuummmm) I HAD to go and buy more yarn.


At the shop the yarn called to me from the shelves, urging me to taking it home and make something fab with it. I picked it up and put it back and picked it up and put it back (etc etc etc) which meant I spent about an hour manhandling yarn....  
And what did I leave with? Just the yarn for my border! I'm gobsmacked!

In order to maintain the right balance in the Universe something had to give...  about once a year a loaf of white bread miraculously appears in the fridge, and then it's away with that healthy stuff, that white bread has to be toasted and spread with loads of butter and a generous scrape of Vegemite :-)

3 comments:

  1. vegemite!!?
    Marmites much better!! =P
    Loving the granny squares, you'v used stunning colours,

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I can so relate. I pick up yarn, put it back, pick up beads, put them back, lather, rinse repeat. Then, when I decide to actually keep something in my hands to purchase, it's like the flood gate has opened. That's how I ended up with beads enough for about 40 Toekini's when I went to get yearn for some fingerless gloves. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)