"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Sunday 30 January 2011

Stash Busting

Since I started reading about crochet on-line I've found a whole new vocabulary!
Stash is all the yarn I have.  And I have LOTS!
Lots of half balls, not quite enough to make anything and yet a bit too much to be added to my messy afghan project, (which is coming along slowly).

I've made myself a pact (mainly becasue I'm running out of storage room) that I won't buy any new yarn until I've used up some of the stuff I've got.  Hence there was the fancy yarns made into coffee plunger cosy's, and also in to scarves like this one:


And.... I've started to make a full sized granny square blanket! 
You'd have thought with my love of the granny square that I'd have made one ages ago, it's just that they are so BIG they need so much time, and yet if I ever want to buy yarn again I'm going to have to finish the squares.  I'm going for 6 x 7 to start with.   That's 42 squares, I've done 20 so far, almost half way there, and then it's the border and joining bit (phew!)

5 comments:

  1. You come up with such great ideas to use the odds and ends. I love Grannie Squares, I really should get on and do some of that.

    Love the new scarf, :)

    Have a lovely weekend, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! granny squares are my fav!
    Yours look gorgous, love the colours.
    And the scarf is wicked! Wil be good for autunm, which seems to be coming much faster then expected,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you should bring stash busting up....I have recently noticed that I have too much too, but want to keep buying more.....
    I think it's an addiction.
    I love your granny squares too! Good luck with the blanket - a big project but it will look awesome I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool, I have just heard about yarn bombing, where you wrap things up in yarn like trees etc, rather cool I thought. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That scarf is super impressive!! Good luck with your stash reduction :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)