"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Saturday 15 January 2011

Wrapping a Plunger

I've been wrapping the coffee plunger


Before Christmas I bought some posh yarn that was lengths of different yarns all put together.  It was on sale and even then was pretty expensive, so on Monday I realised that I had lots of posh yarn in my stash,so I could make lengths, join then together and make my own fancy yarn... and voila!  I now have 6 big balls of posh yarns all for free! (Well not really free because I did buy them at some point...) 


The coffee pot wraps are like a tie - fat at one end and and skinny at the other, and wraps around the plunger and the skinny end tucks in kind of like a tie or scarf 

I've given the pink one to the Australian Flood Relief shop on Etsy, who are raising money for the poor Australians caught up in all of the floods.


6 comments:

  1. You clever girl, you are always coming up with such awesome stuff :)

    Oh that is a good cause. I didn't know that shop was open, off to check it out and do my bit to help.

    Have a lovely weekend, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh i do like the orange one!
    what a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloody gorgeous Gill! I never quite know what you're going to come up with next and it's fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooppsss...I thought you meant the other kind of plunger! (why would anyone want to decorate a toilet plunger???) And I thought you were NUTS!!!
    But glad to see it is the coffe plunger. :)
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. by the way, you were awarded The Stylish Blogger Award. see here.
    http://raigecreations.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Gill we should be doing this on Zibbet. Makes sense for Zibbet to be doing an Australian Flood Relief Shop.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)