"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Friday 7 January 2011

Some lessons from my summer holidays...

I should have persevered with the Cotton for a market bag.
The prettier one I made with a regular yarn stretched all the way to the floor when I put my togs and beach towel into it! (I'll let you imagine what that one looked like)

I am not destined to make a cardigan or bolero

My first go at motifs together looks quite nice, and can either be a wrap or a table runner depending on how much more yarn there is :-)

It's easy to spend money at the races especially if you drink too much fizzy wine in the sun.


After spending a couple of days at the Stamford Plaza I now know I should be richer so that I can live like that more often

On my walk this morning I saw heaps of dragonflies - they are so pretty :-)

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try a market bag, but was afraid it would stretch too much....hmmmm

    oh, that pic in the sun looks so inviting. can't wait for wimmer. enjoy while it lasts, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the cotton would have been better - I might try again :-)

    When it's too hot we moan, when it's too cold we whinge - definitely just go with the flow and enjoy it :-)

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)