"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Saturday 9 October 2010

Hooks Are Hot

I've got loads of projects on at the moment, Christmas pressies and that sort of thing (some of them for people who may or may not read the blog so I'm not telling what I'm making ;-) )

I recently bought some lovely bright red NZ lambswool from my new favourite yarn store in the Hawkes Bay. I wanted to make something for myself and it had to be something that would be quickish to make, otherwise it would end up in the cupboard with other half finished 'things for me'.  

It started off as a kind of 70's vest/long waistcoat and because I'm so crap at following patterns it's morphed into a mini poncho (after about 5 attempts to make something that a) fits and b) I'd wear out in public). 
  
I think it'll be fab at work in the air conditioning, not too warm, just enough to keep the chill off.


The competition at Pollock is a bit of a creative fizzer.  The theme is Lifeforms, Andrew thinks it should be something clever and eye catching. I wanted to do a flying saucer mobile with little green men and he thought it was a bit obvious.  So apart from sending George the Dalek along, I've come to a standstill in that particular creative process.  The next one they are having is the Family, that might be an easier theme, though I am open to any thoughts.... :-)

3 comments:

  1. I think George would love the outing, send him along he is sooo cute :)

    I love your Poncho, the colour is awesome and I love the open lace look.

    Have a lovely weekend, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there ya go - I drive past that area every week and never even realised a yarn shop existed down there - I will have to go and investigate! Very cool poncho - how long did it take you to make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks T :-)

    Mel - For the first time it's going to be about a yarn shop rather than art deco and vineyards when I'm down that way again.

    Once I'd worked out what to make it took about 4 hours - the big crochet hook is brill for instant gratification :-)

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)