"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Sunday 17 October 2010

Cape Cod Cushions & Granny Squares

Last summer a lovely uncle made me a fab Cape Cod chair.  I managed to get it painted a nice bright blue before winter started and I bought some naked cushions for it. 

The clothing of the cushions meant the sewing machine again... and once again it was trial, error and procrastination over the many winter months.  Today I had an 'ah ha' moment.  "The cushions are going to be used outside so they don't have to be perfect!"

Voila! 2 messy patchwork cushion covers were created!


And in crocheting crafts this week...  behold the granny square made in to a tea pot cosy, the ultimate in kitsch :-)

2 comments:

  1. Loving those cushions, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky girl to have such a nice uncle :)

    I love your cushions very chic. Oh I am going to be so jealous of your sunshine!

    Have a lovely week, T.:)

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)