"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Thursday 21 October 2010

Anger

Anger doesn’t motivate me or feed my soul
I think that when I’m angry I probably look ugly
Angry people aren’t nice to be around; they zap you with their prickles
I don’t enjoy being angry, it takes effort and commitment, and I usually can’t be bothered

I’ve been a ball of angry prickles for more than 12 hours now
Ever since Andrew rang me to say we’d been burgled

The burglars were quite thoughtful
They didn’t make a mess, or disturb anything
They didn’t take anything that had sentimental value
In fact they only took the Telly, stereo, DVD player and computer
It’s just stuff
And yet I’m still angry at them


I wonder if they think that what they did, coming into our home uninvited and helping themselves to things that we’d worked hard for, was okay because they were polite about it?


I want to slap their stupid face!!

3 comments:

  1. holy crap! that is terrible. how violating!!
    Though difficult, a natural disaster taught me that the only important things are people, food, and shelter. We can live just find as long as those basic things are taken care of. You are right, the rest is just stuff that can be replaced.
    I hope they catch the criminals tho.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gill, I am so sorry to hear this. God, that just plain sucks!! People are so inconsiderate. I would want to punch them too!

    It is so frustrating to work so hard to make a nice life and some A.. just helps themselves to your stuff.

    I hope you are feeling a little better about it but be angry, it is OK to be very angry! And don't worry about being angry around others you have a right to be VERY ANGRY (it is healthy to be)

    Take care, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i'm so angry on your behalf (and you're possibly over it by now!), how DARE they - what's wrong with some people?

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)