"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Tuesday 8 December 2009

Resurgence!

My move from the great and fantastic granny square to other types of crochet began with Loo Roll dolls. I wanted to make kitschy stuff that was a bit funky and I am quite passionate that Loo Roll Dolls will adorn the cisterns of toilets everywhere.



For the past 8 months I have been trying to convince the world that no loo is quite complete without one.
My passion was begging to wane.
I was starting to give up hope.
Perhaps my dream wasn’t to be.
Hello etsy……
One of my favourite ones was featured on etsy storque a couple of months ago!
I had hearts and views – hurray!
There are other Loo Roll doll lovers out there!
Last week I sold 3 of them!
Toilets around the world are being glammed up.
The resurgence has begun!

Even better - now I've got a great excuse to make more :-)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so dense sometimes... here, I thought Loo Roll dolls are some fancy French name for a doll and then it dawned on me Loo + roll = loo roll (toilet tissue) sounds better the way you say it.

    I think they are adorable.

    Congrats on your sales and continued good luck in selling more ;-)

    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol trying to bring them back are you? We've got a GIANT pile of toilet rolls in our toilet- what do you suggest? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Doris :-)

    Chiara - I suggest loads and loads of loo roll dolls :-) lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! Nice to see someone having fun with this and that others are enjoying your enthusiasm by shopping at your etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)