"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Tuesday 22 December 2009

A Mermaid and a Fairy

I’m trying out one of the mermaid dolls (Beatrice in green) in the new felt shop to see how she goes and I also put a new fairy doll (Pip in pink) in my etsy shop last night.


The market was incredibly busy, lots and lots of “isn’t that cute,” and “do you have a card” no sales though, seems to have been a trend with the other stall holders so I wasn’t too upset. I enjoyed chatting to everyone and met a fellow that used to live on a sheep station who used to spin wool and knit his own jumpers, he told me that lichen off a gate post will dye wool orange. I love learning new titbits like that

The barbecue is well and truly christened, we used it Sunday and Monday and plan on using it tonight too. It’s so much easier to cook outside when the weather is warming up. The cottage has a tin roof so when the sun has been shinning all day it gets incredibly hot inside.

I thought I might try my hand at writing a tutorial over the holidays. I’m off work until the 11th January so I’ll have time to write the steps and take progress photos. I just have to decide what it is I’d like to share….

3 comments:

  1. I did go to your website and you have such cute things in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dolls are cute...hope they sell well :)
    Welcome to the EtsyBloggers Team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks straycatfarm - looking forward to your sale :-)

    Thanks memoriesforlife the team are very welcoming :-)

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)