"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Saturday 25 September 2010

Like a dog with a bone...

I sometimes get it into my head that I Absolutely Have To make a certain thing. 
Usually it's something I've never done before, have no idea how to actually do it and it often involves the sewing machine.  This is the really unfortunate part, because as much as I'd love to enjoy sewing, we just don't get on. 

So on Monday I got it into my head that I wanted to make a skirt (probably the fault of someones blog I read :-) ) this idea then mutated into a circle skirt.  I searched  "how to make a circle skirt" and I was away.

I started well with the measuring and cutting...

And finished spectacularly...

Luckily I haven't let you get close enough to see the mess that is supposed to be a rolled hem and the waistband is a bit of a joke.
Will I ever wear it out in public?  Maybe; if everything else is in the wash.
Am I over my obsession?  The result was almost passable so unfortunately I don't think so!

2 comments:

  1. Well I think it is rather swishy. cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really cool :) Who cares what the waistband looks like :) You were so motivated and it paid off.

    Have a lovely weekend, T. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)