"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Monday 4 June 2012

Diamond Jubilee Weekend

It's been a few decades now since we left the UK to settle in our new home on the opposite side of the world.  And even though we've been here longer than there, some things can still make us home sick :-)  

Flying the flag(s)
Patriotic Cup Cakes

Waikato weather pretending to be the same as the UK

Wearing Red, White, Blue and the Union Jack


4 comments:

  1. Not sure what I like more - the cupcakes or the tights!
    Being only one generation removed I now feel a bit bad not having done anything, but then neither did my parents! Shame on us and good on you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's still tomorrow..... hahaha
      It was a fun thing to do, it was more like Christmas really - lots of food and silly games :-D
      I've washed my tights and they are drying on the heated towel rail so I can get another days wear lol!

      Delete
  2. I completely missed everything but sometimes it makes me too homesick. I really didn't think that American TV would broadcast anything, so now I have to go to you-tube to see anything :(

    Love your fancy tights, very chic :)

    But I did go out and buy Roses to plant in my garden yesterday so it was a little like being in England.

    You must have been in NZ about as long as I have been in America :)

    Have a lovely week, Cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great time! We had a street party here, :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)