"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Saturday 14 January 2012

Saturdays entertainment

Tonight we had dinner at the Buddhist Temple in Flat Bush in Auckland,
 
Dessert

Each year they hold a dinner that is for all of the volunteers.  A couple of my family go there so for the past couple of years we've made a family outing of it.  We also get entertained.  

Chinese lantern dance

Tonight amongst others there were some chinese dancers, a babershop quartet, and a jazz group from a local school. 

Kapa Haka Group
There was a great Kapa Haka group, and seeing them do the Haka outside the Main Shrine seemed to be at odds with each other which made it even more entertaining :-D

The Fo Guang Shan Buddhist Temple It has a great tea shop and I recommend the Lotus flower tea, and if you visit during the day very often you can walk around the gardens, visit the gallery and go and have a look around the main shrine. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow how so interesting! Do you volunteer all the time there? I used to love going to Gopals when it was in upper queen street, they had the most awesome food and very cheap. Now I find it way too heavy but they were not Buddhist, they were Hare Krishna. Very peaceful people. Totally accepting, non judgemental.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I have never been to a Buddhist temple or known anyone who has volunteered there, that is so amazing :)

    Sounds like a fun time and I bet during the day very tranquil :)

    I know there is a temple not far from our house but it seems all very clandestine and mysterious and chained off, I am not sure mere mortals are allowed in :(

    Hope your weekend is going well, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gill, wow, that must have been an unique experience. I bet the gardens are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)