"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Sunday 11 December 2011

Retro Crocheting

Found this fabulous collection of crochet books from the 60's and 70's in a shop in Paeroa when we were on the way home from Tauranga earlier today. 



Can't wait to try and read some of the patterns so I can recreate a little piece of retro crochet :-)

On a similar vein, it seems that Loo Roll Cover Dolls are finally making a come back, I've sold 3 in the past 3 weeks.  That's as many as I've sold over the past 2 years altogether!

3 comments:

  1. I well remember my Mother-in-law having those loo rolls dolls, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, congrats on the sales Gill :)

    Your glamourous lady is just so cute with her pink highlighted hair :)

    Nice find with the new (old) pattern books :)

    I have a few vintage knitting books but I am so used to knitting with chunky wool that I think it would take me way too long to knit one of the vintage baby blankets in 2 ply. But the patterns are so cute to look at and yes, I am too lazy to work them out for different wool. LOL! :)

    Have a lovely week, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Fabulous Gill - don't you love those random finds? So exciting! And congrats on your sales :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)