"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Monday 22 August 2011

Crochet for the home....

...... and it's not even kitsch (well, much anyway)!

I'm a bit of a hoarder and keep any bit of yarn that is more than 30cm long. I started this blanket a month or so ago (this was the 4th attempt) and it's made up of all of my remnants.  

My nephew says it's "gangsta" which made me worry about being kidnapped by gunpoint whilst I was napping on the couch.  Or maybe it's like Arthur Dents towel and instead of being full of nutrients it has different drugs in it (not sure I want to risk sucking on it though!)  It's a kind of log cabin pattern that I made up as I went. Pretty 'gangsta' eh? :-)


We are renting quite a new house, which is something very different to what we've lived in before.  It's very warm for one!  And it's a little lacking in character, especially the kitchen which has all those lovely clean sterile lines with quite a bit of stainless steel.  So I crocheted some nice bright cotton dishcloths (yep they're almost granny squares I couldn't help it....).

They're working out really well, some soy cotton and some cotton cotton.  Apparently they last for ages too :-)

4 comments:

  1. I think I love that 'gangsta' blanket!
    and granny square dishcloths, awesome idea!!
    nice work.
    I have a TON of scraps too....maybe I should try a blanket...oh and I love the towel reference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gangsta in a good way huh! What a great way to add your 'stamp' to a new home - fab colourful dishcloths :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blanket - bursting with colour! And the dishcloths look to be a great contrast to the sleek lines of the kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same thing with yarn ends. Though this time a big batch is going to a fellow knitter who really only makes blankets and is on a pretty tight budget right now.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)