"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Sunday 5 June 2011

Squared Away in May

I did the Square-a-day -in- May 'a-long' from a Ravelry group, and I've shown some of the results here.  I got off with a hiss and a roar, and you know.. I always do this... off too quick and then it stops.  I ended up finishing 20 of the 30 squares and I put them all together and gave them to a lovely couple of ladies who are making blankets for Christchurch before I just stopped totally!


I've also got a new addiction in Yarn Bombing, Yarn Graffiti, aka Guerilla Knitting and some other fancy names.  It's International Yarn Bombing day next Saturday (11th June) and there is loads going on around the world, keep a look out for something in your area.  

I've set up a separate blog to  keep up with my bombing , so if you fancy please go and visit Her Hook to see some amazing sights such as this: 

6 comments:

  1. It is a cool blanket :) Just subscribed your new blog to my reader now. Look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love you Blankie Gill :)

    I popped over to your new blog (am following) WOW! I have never heard of Yarn Graffiti or anything like it but how totally cool :)

    Hope all is well, cheers, T. :)

    P.S. YAY! I can comment again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cousin did a quilt using the same process. She donated it to the Auckland Hospital for newborns. Great causes, both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments on the blanket everyone :-)
    Hope whoever receives it likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blankie! We spotted some yarn bombing on some little posts at the weekend, now I know why!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)