"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Friday 27 July 2012

The Olympics for Crocheting?

Yes! And for knitting, weaving & dyeing yarn too.

Ravelry is a fab place which I know that I've talked about before, and they are hosting their own 'all for fun' version of the Olympics.  I have entered 4 of the games and am gearing up for tomorrow morning when it's international cast on/hooking time as the Opening Ceremony begins.

I'm crocheting a lacy shawl, a pair of hexagon motif slippers,  a dalek egg cosy and I'm frogging (i.e. undoing - a fab 'technical term'. Named fogging because aapparently if you undo knitting it makes a kind of ribbit sound) a poncho I've fallen out with.

(It never ceases to amaze me about how geeky I can be with my crocheting - it's such a fantastic feeling!)

Enjoy the opening ceremony!  And in the spirit of geekiness, UFOs and my love of The Doctor.  Here is a photo of a lift that is in a building in Wellington that I fell in love with the other weekend :-)

1 comment:

  1. How fabulous Gillian - a creative Olympics!!

    Yesterday, several of us local crafty types met-up for a crochet lesson - for some it was a refresher, for others a completely new thing. I was a teenage crocheter and could knit/crochet a mean pair of sheepskin soled slippers, but forgot the skills long ago.

    I'm now going to attempt a beanie of some description, although I'm wondering quite when I'm going to fit in in!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)