"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Sunday 13 June 2010

Toadstools and Black Sand

We are having a bit of an explore and getting used to our new surroundings...

At the end of our road are loads of these toadstools.
They remind me of the ones you see in fairy tale books, and I expected to be captured by elves or faries whilst I was taking the photo.



The pretty white sand beaches and blue Pacific Ocean of Tauranga have been replaced with the black sand beaches and fantastically wild Tasman Sea of the rugged west coast.



I've missed my crochet hook, and yesterday I finally got to unpack the craft room, hurray! Now....... what to make??

4 comments:

  1. Oh make a toadstool, these are so cool, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toadstools always transport me back to childhood and I expected to see fairies and elves too. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the toadstool doesn't look real! very neat, but don't eat it! You wouldn't want to go down that rabbit hole. :) great pix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always fun to explore, hope you are enjoying your new home, glad you found your crochet hook, T. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)