"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" Douglas Adams

Tuesday 18 May 2010

Interlude

Whilst we are packing and moving we don't really have a whole lot to share, apart from the various merits of different boxes....

There are a few blogs sharing the unpolitically correct adverts from the 50's encouraging people to smoke and women to look after her man. So I was wondering what un-PC'ness I could share from when I grew up in the 70's. And for some reason this rhyme kept going around in my head... and so for a bit of an interlude and some cringe worthy entertainment - here is the rhyme...

(insert first name and surname)is no good
Chop him/her up for firewood
When he's/she's dead
Boil her/his head
And make them into gingerbread


Happy day
If you have an unPC memory from your childhood, share away :-)

2 comments:

  1. I like that rhyme - it's something I would have read as a child growing up in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Doris, that rhyme is so German (I am of German descent as well :-).

    Best of luck to you on your move!!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments :-)